My name is Camille. I enjoy cooking for my family of 5! I consider myself a picky eater! Growing up I wouldn't eat very many foods. As I get older and get introduced to different foods I am learning to appreciate more new and different kinds of food now! Since taste is very important to me I wanted a spot to put my favorite recipes...so here it is!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Vanilla Pudding Sauce

I made yummy syrup for Mason's birthday dinner where he requested Breakfast For Dinner. It was pretty easy and super yummy. I loved mixing it up! (Sometimes I get tired of the same ol syrup!) I got this recipe from Kara via Pinterest.



Vanilla Pudding Sauce

2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla

Mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Whisk together milk and egg thoroughly, and gradually stir in. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till mixture comes to a boil. (Don’t be tempted to turn up the heat; if it gets hot too fast, the egg will cook. And scrambled eggs in vanilla sauce would be bad. Really, really bad.) Boil for at least 1 minute, still stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm or chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment