My name is Camille. I enjoy cooking for my family of 5! I consider myself a picky eater! Growing up I wouldn't eat very many foods. As I get older and get introduced to different foods I am learning to appreciate more new and different kinds of food now! Since taste is very important to me I wanted a spot to put my favorite recipes...so here it is!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Butternut Squash Soup

One day my sister was nice enough to give me a butternut squash. So when I saw a pin on pinterest for a butternut squash soup recipe I decided to try it. I admit I was nervous (for myself and my kids!) but I was so excited when we all liked it!

Butternut Squash Soup
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (1 teaspoon dried)
  • 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped
  • 6 cups chicken stock
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon white pepper
  • Hot pepper sauce
Instructions:
  1. Melt butter in large saucepan
  2. Add the chopped onion and rosemary and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
  3. Add chopped squash, chicken stock, heavy cream, salt, white pepper.
  4. Add little bit of hot sauce { according to your taste }
  5. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for approximately 45 minutes – or until squash is tender.
  6. Use blender to puree the hot soup.
  7. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
That same day I decided to try roasting pumpkin seeds for the first time, too! It was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment