My name is Camille. I enjoy cooking for my family of 5! I consider myself a picky eater! Growing up I wouldn't eat very many foods. As I get older and get introduced to different foods I am learning to appreciate more new and different kinds of food now! Since taste is very important to me I wanted a spot to put my favorite recipes...so here it is!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Our Favorite Cherry Pie!

One day when Steve was a teenager bored all home alone, he decided to make a cherry pie. Ever since then he has been famous for that! He ended up making a tartlet recipe from Mrs. Field's cook book to make the pie crust. It is delicious!! We've used store bought cherry pie filling, homemade and bottled cherry pie filling with amazing results! Of course our very favorite is using cherries off of our own cherry tree...nothing can beat that!


Pie Crust:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup salted butter
2 large egg yolks
2-3 T ice cold water

In medium bowl, combine the flour and butter with a pastry cutter until dough resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolks and water, then mix with a fork just until dough can be shaped into a ball.

Gather dough into a ball. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or a plastic bag. Refrigerate until firm- about 1 hour. 

Cherry Pie Filling:
I used this recipe to bottle my fresh cherries. I just boiled my cherries for 1 minute to use as the cherry water. 
http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipes/cherry-pie-filling

I've also used this recipe to make fresh cherry pie filling. It is super delicious as well:


Split dough in two halves. Roll one half between two pieces of floured parchment paper. Turn over into pie plate. Prick with fork throughout the sides and the bottom. Pour cherry pie filling into pie crust. Dot with butter. Use strips of dough to make a lattice for the top, flute edges with fingers and sprinkle sugar on top OR roll the other half out and lay on top, flute edges, cut slits in center of pie and sprinkle sugar on top. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 50 min. Serve with cream or ice cream!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment